INTERNSHIP: Digital Marketing (Remote – Unpaid)
June 6 – August 26, 2022
The internship will begin on June 6 and end on August 26, 2022.
UPDATE: This Position has been Filled
What You’ll Do:
The Better Breeder Institute’s 2022 Digital Marketing Internship is a remote, unpaid internship working 10-12 hours/week. As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will collaborate with our team in all stages of internet marketing campaigns. Your insightful contributions will help develop and expand our communication channels with the conservationist dog breeder community we serve. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and scheduling social media communication, including live learning events, breeder tool announcements, and promotional outreach.
- Setting up and scheduling email communication campaigns.
- Researching and establishing live video event best practices.
- Assisting with multiple website designs, set-ups, and launch projects.
- Assisting in marketing and advertising promotional activities as assigned (e.g., social media, content management, and web content)
- Documenting standard operating procedures for each digital channel.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
A motivated, tech-savvy college student actively pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design, or a related field. They will have a familiarity with web content and social media, and experience with Canva, MailChimp, Facebook Tools, and WordPress. They will be actively involved in the sport of purebred dogs, either as a breeder, handler, and/or past junior handler, and have a strong desire to serve, support, and promote the conservationist dog breeder community.
What it Takes:
This internship will help you acquire digital marketing skills and provide you with working knowledge of various online marketing platforms. Ultimately, you will gain professional experience that will prepare you to enter the modern work environment and become an immediate asset to any marketing, communications, or public relations department. Internship applicants must:
- Be a college Junior or Senior in standing, OR graduated within the past 12 months
- Majoring in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Possess a strong desire to learn, along with a professional drive, and attention to detail
- Be a self-starter, and possess good time & project management skills, including the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Had coursework in digital marketing and social media
- Have a solid understanding of marketing theory and different marketing techniques
- Have familiarity with Canva, MailChimp, WordPress, and Facebook Tools (Live, Ads, etc.)
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office products: including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Be proficient with Google Tools: including Docs, Sheets, Slides and Gmail (Google Analytics & Search Console a plus: not required)
- Have Adobe Suite background – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign (a plus; not required)
- Have video production background (a plus; not required)
- Be available to work 10-12 hours/week. The weekly schedule is flexible.
- Have a passion for purebred dogs and an interest in making a positive impact on the conservationist breeder community.
This is a remote, unpaid position that offers the flexibility to work from home. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must:
- Have reliable, high-speed internet.
- Have a high-quality laptop or desktop computer and appropriate home office ergonomics
- Be proficient working in a virtual environment and communicating primarily via email, video, and/or text messaging.
Learning Objectives & Skill Development Goals:
Gain valuable experience and mentoring opportunities as you collaborate with experienced marketing, web development, business, and management professionals. Become proficient in marketing campaign design, planning, organization, and execution. Learn how to develop a content editorial calendar. Acquire a strong working knowledge of:
- Canva Graphic Design platform
- MailChimp email campaign design and automation
- Facebook advertising and Live broadcast tools
- WordPress website set-up (using a custom block/Gutenberg editor)
Become adept at researching and learning how to use the various digital platforms, executing campaigns, and implementing processes to accomplish campaign objectives.
At the Better Breeder Institute, we serve the conservationist dog breeding community — purposeful purebred dog breeders who are committed to the preservation & advancement of their breed.
We provide information, instruction, and specialized services for breeders to improve the communication, promotion, and business processes of their breeding programs. Through the development of digital resources, we share expertise in a manner that breeders can learn, apply, and benefit from. This knowledge enables them to differentiate their breeding programs from the backyard, for-profit, and commercial breeders. We enable them to earn a higher level of respect and esteem from puppy buyers & the general public and to develop a deeper sense of pride in their canine endeavors.
To apply, please submit your resume including a detailed overview of your experience in purebred dogs and professional career goals.
Applications must be received by May 27, 2022 to be considered.